Videos Drives Employment Branding
Recruitment Video Tips
- · Employee Testimonials Are Powerful. Employees relate to employees who are genuine and share their message. Let an employee share their personal story and what resonates with them. Chances are it speaks to prospective candidates too.
- · Quirky is Good. If you have a fun and creative culture, video is a great way to showcase that. Sometimes that’s through music, song, or just a walk through of your workplace on camera.
- · What’s Important. When it’s important to the workplace for Millenials, Pew Research’s 2010 study tells us that 88 percent of college graduates would prefer to work with an employer who share the same social values as them and 86 percent would leave a job if they discovered the company’s social values differed from their own. What’s important to your target job seeker audience, should be included in the recruitment video. More importantly, employers should create a number of employment videos targeting difference audiences for employment branding and relationship recruiting. Doing this help you reach a targeted audience driving specific candidates to your company careers page or talent network.
- · Message Trumps Quality. While I’m a fan of using professional photography and videography, professional quality isn’t always the most important when it comes to creating your recruitment video. It’s the message that matters. Great employment videos combine a great story along with information to help sell the job opportunity to your prospective candidates.
- · Lighting & Microphones Matter. While I think the message is more important than a professionally shot video, video basics like lighting and microphones should be used to help decrease background noise and make the video more viewable and shareable. The key is to create a compelling message that also generates enough interest that the candidate wants to share with their friends.
Employer Branding Starts with Creating Consistent Message
Recruitiment videos are just one piece of building your company’s employment brand. The key for a company is to create a consistent message one that celebrates your company’s unique qualities that also drives quality candidates to join your talent network or apply for current open positions.